RCMix_Oz is a mod of the Robocik RCMix ROM by Ozjubb
A big thank-you to Robocik for letting me mod and re-distribute his work.
What’s in RCMix_Oz
- Gingerbread Base – Ace S 2.36.405.8 WWE Release
- Kernel – snq is still no 1 v05 with all modules loaded
- Compass is working thanks snq for that
- Camera and camcorder now is working, thanks snq for that !!!
- EXT2/3/4 support, Thanks to snq for that
- WIFI and BT works
- FM Radio works
- WIFI Tether works properly, unlike ALL AOSP based ROMS
- Virtuous autoinstall script by rmk, modded for our needs
- Streaming SD/HD works
- 720p video playback works
- DivX playback works
- Even more settings in “Quick settings” tab.
- Enhanced power menu option
- Touchpad to unlock
- Touchpad to wake
- Sense 3.0 Kingdom Lockscreen with buttons
- New lockscreen wallpapers
- Sense 3.0 SMS/MMS application
- Sense 3.0 USB Menu
- Sensation Live wallpaper (preview not working, apply directly)
- Sense 3.0 Task manager (even in quick settings)
- Quick Office replaced by far better Polaris Office
- Chinese hand writing added should be fixed now
- Speed tweaks from baadnwz rom thanks man.
- CM-style screen on/off animations
- Option to enable stock android lockscreen
- Desire S keyboard
- Livewallpapers from Nexus S
- Telstra UA String and APN support
- Beautiful ROMS-Au boot animation
Robocik has a support site on XDA
There are two versions of each rom, the A2SD+ version (requires the stock Desire Hboot layout) and the CM7 version (which requires you to have S-OFF on your phone and the CM7 Hboot/partition layout)
For best performance I recommend using Ext4 for your Ext partition. If you are on Ext3 already you can just flash the following zip and it will re-format and align your Ext partition to Ext4 with no journaling. Please read the warning here before flashing the ext4 patch.
It has been suggested that if you are coming from another Ext format (Ext2, Ext3) using this script that once you have flashed the ext_alignment script that you should reboot recovery before trying to flash a rom, I have never had to but people who have been having issues using the script may want to give it a try.
- Ext Partition MUST be 1Gb minimum for this ROM
- Phone will reboot it self 3 times the first time you boot, it is a process of installing the Darktremors A2SD script
- To save some battery change the wifi power settings.
- To make the battery last longer, turn off pocket mode in settings/sounds